Tableau Desktop Professional is data analysis and visualization software. Through a drag-and-drop interface, it allows users to connect to most databases and spreadsheets and create and share interactive visualizations and dashboards. No programming is necessary.
This donation provides a two-year license for one user. This user may use the software on up to two devices during this time. The product will cease to function entirely after two years unless the subscription is renewed. See the Subscription Details tab for more information.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Tableau Desktop Professional to
- Reduce time creating reports
- Provide transparency to donors and funding organizations through interactive visuals that illustrate program progress and impact
- Analyze donor trends to be more effective with marketing campaigns and fundraising
- Perform rapid and detailed analytics by linking data from multiple sources
Knowledge of data structure is recommended, but not required. If you are comfortable creating spreadsheets, you should be able to learn to use Tableau.
- Connection to multiple data sources: Tableau can access data from sources such as Excel files and Salesforce, Access, and SQL databases.
- Choice of visualization types: Depending on your selected data, you can display it on a map or as a bar chart, pie chart, heat map, area chart, and many more types.
- Dashboards: You can create dashboards that display several different visualizations at once.
- Stories: You can create a sheet that contains a sequence of worksheets and dashboards that work together to convey information. Users click story points in a navigator to proceed through the sequence.
- Filtering: You can set up filters on your visualizations so that you can choose to view parts of the data at a time.