Cisco Eligibility Criteria
Quantity: Eligible organizations may request one donation of Cisco products per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) with administrative fees totalling up to $2,500. TechSoup will cancel requests that exceed this limit.
Budget: Organizations with annual operating budget of $20 million or less are eligible for products in this program.
- Products in this program are available only to Irish organisations with non-profit status as granted by the Office of the Revenue Commissioners.
- All Cisco requests are subject to a secondary eligibility review to verify that the organization meets Cisco's philanthropy guidelines. If an organization does not meet these guidelines, Cisco reserves the right to deny a donation request at any time. TechSoup will not process payments for denied requests and will return submitted checks to the organization.
Existing customers: Organizations that have purchased Cisco products within the last three months or that plan to purchase Cisco products in the next three months are not eligible for products in this program.
Substitutions: Cisco may substitute functionally equivalent products in a request.
Territories: Organizations in U.S. territories may not request products in this program.
Terms of service: Organizations that request Cisco products must agree to any applicable terms of service.
Cisco products only: Cisco requests may not include non-Cisco products. Organizations must request products from other programs separately so they are not subject to the Cisco processing delay.
Anti-discrimination policy: Organizations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background are not eligible to participate in this program. Organizations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive products in this program.
Case study: Recipient organizations must be willing and able to provide information to Cisco for the purposes of creating a case study or testimonial on this program.
- Eligible: The following organization types are eligible to request products in this program.
- Organizations that supply money, goods, or services to the poor
- Job training, counseling, or assistance organizations
- Organizations that provide rehabilitation to convicts, ex-convicts, alcoholics, drug abusers, or compulsive gamblers
- Remedial reading and encouragement organizations
- Low-income housing assistance organizations
- Organizations that provide aid to persons with disabilities
- Certain community service organizations that mainly serve the poor
- Organizations that provide care and housing of children, work to prevent cruelty to children, and combat juvenile delinquency
- Ineligible: The following organization types are not eligible to request products in this program.
- Affiliates of a national organization, including the YMCA, Goodwill Industries, and the American Red Cross, that has more than 20 locations, even if those affiliates are considered separate entities and are not funded by the national organization
- Religious organizations without a secular community designation. A secular designation is defined as an organization separate from the church or religious organization that provides services to people regardless of their religious beliefs and does not propagate a belief in a specific faith.
- Mental health care organizations
- Foundations, lending organizations, grantmaking organizations, or organizations that provide scholarships or other funding to individuals and other organizations
- Sports, athletic, recreational, and social activity organizations
- Youth service organizations, except those that provide basic human needs
- Non-direct service organizations or referral services
- Schools, colleges, and related organizations
- Cultural, historical, and other educational activity organizations
- Organizations that provide care and housing for the aged, even if previously eligible
- Publishing, radio and television, film production, discussion, non-scientific study and research, and information giving and opinion organizations
- Hospitals, fire departments, nursing homes, and ambulatory services
- Health clinics, rural medical facilities, hospices, blood banks
- Day care centers or child care activities
- Conservation, environmental, and beautification activity organizations
- Scientific research organizations
- Business and professional organizations
- Farming and related activity organizations
- Mutual organizations
- Employee membership benefit organizations
- Litigation and legal aid organizations
- Legislative and political activity organizations
- Civil rights organizations
- Credit counseling services or financial education
- Advocacy organizations, including Planned Parenthood organizations
- Products will be distributed under this program to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- Recipient organizations may not transfer or resell Cisco products.